The little boy’s “harmless” cough got worse and worse, until his mother found something terrible in his crib

She was very worried about her son, William, who had a horrible cough that he just couldn’t shake. Melissa Mead took her one-year-old boy to the doctor, but was informed that it was not a serious issue.

Nevertheless, the cough worsened. So, once again, Melissa returns to the doctor. And once again, she is told that it’s nothing serious. Unfortunately there is not a good ending to this story, but it is indeed extremely important, and Melissa is wanting to really get the message out so that other parents won’t have to go through what she went through.

Turns out little William contracted Sepsis. The blood poisoning was from an abscess in his lung. He eventually died. Needless to say, Melissa was devastated, especially when it could have been prevented.

Melissa is hoping her son didn’t die in vain and that by spreading her story as far and wide as possible, other children may be saved. Share her important story with all of your friends and family to spread awareness.