If you are running out of ideas for chicken preparation, then you are in for a delicious treat. It’s called beer can chicken and it is awesome!
Simple ingredients and a slow cooker make this the ideal chicken recipe. Not to mention the taste is actually complex and rather delicious!
Simmer beer can chicken all day long or simply toss it in before a barbecue and you’ll be good to go.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Mix smoked paprika, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a small bowl – then set it aside for later.
2. Place 4 balls of aluminum foil on bottom of slow cooker crock. What these will do is prop your chicken up, and it will end up getting crispy. Pour beer into the slow cooker next!
3. Rinse the chicken off, pat it dry, and rub your seasoning mix all over the skin. Put it on top of the foil balls in the bottom of your slow cooker.
4. Now you want to cover it up and cook it on high for 3 hours. Or you can cook on low for 5-7 hours. The chicken will be well done when meat temperature registers 165°F in the breast, or 175°F-180°F in the thickest part of the thigh area of the chicken.
5. While this is an excellent dish to be served for friends (and paired with some more beer), you can also add some grilled veggies to round out a nice, smoky flavor to this awesome chicken dish. Toss some potatoes on (wrapped in foil, baked on a grill) and this is a complete and full meal.
Give beer can chicken a try and share the recipe with all of your friends and family!